HOME | MISSION & BELIEFS | CURRENT ACTIVITIES | BOOKLETS | NUGGETS | CONTACT US | Kids ROCK!
God has called us to do this. Seven different times He has given specific directions for our ministry.
1. In 1975, while I (Rich) was in my office at IBM, the Lord moved me to pray for His church to become a place of healing. Wave after wave of His Spirit came upon me to affirm His desire to use me in this way. Since then we have ministered healing and taught healing seminars under His anointing in our home, our church, the nations, and most recently in our Big Rock facility. The impartation of healing accompanies the teaching of it.
2. Feed My lambs; shepherd My sheep; feed My sheep. God spoke this to me while I attended a Campus Crusade for Christ seminar; it was part of my thoughts for several days, as it was being written on my heart. From 1975 on, we have always had small groups meeting in our home. There were periods when the total attendance of the various groups during a week was over 120. Now God is using us to teach and train others in leading home groups. We have prepared discipleship training booklets and a ministry manual to help others learn how to pray for release from spiritual, emotional, and physical bondage.
3. The Cyrus anointing. In 1977 the Lord spoke to Kay and me about the ministry of Cyrus as described in Isaiah 45. He also brought the anointing He placed on Cyrus upon each of us. Since then He has broadened our understanding of the Cyrus anointing and shown us how He wants to use us as He brings His people out of the spiritual Babylon into His heavenly Kingdom--the New Jerusalem. He is asking us to bring others into the understanding and experience of the Cyrus anointing and to establish International Cyrus Healing and Restoration Centers, beginning in Big Rock.
4. Jesus is speaking from heaven. The message of Jesus speaking from heaven during the times of shaking is described in Hebrews 12:22-30. This was one of two words God gave while I visited with Him at Mt. Sinai in 1979. In November of 1978 God had told me to go to Mt. Sinai in February of 1979. He affirmed this call by pre-announcing the sex and birth date of our second child when Kay was 8 months pregnant. On December 29, Tim was born, according to God’s word to me. We need to live in the reality that Jesus is speaking from heaven, and worship and reverence Him. We are personally experiencing a deeper understanding and experience of abiding in Christ and of His indwelling presence, and we are helping people learn to listen to, hear, and respond to God’s voice. He is shaking us individually, as a church, and as a ministry, and He is shaking all of the heavens and the earth. He is establishing His kingdom in all His people and preparing His bride for the coming spiritual battle and for our heavenly and eternal purposes. We are establishing our Big Rock Restoration Center as a place for people to hear from Him, to worship Him and to follow Him as He fills heaven and earth with His will and glory. We expect to have continuous prayer and worship in this facility.
5. God is establishing His foundations in the heavens, on the earth, and in His people. Based on Isaiah 51:16, this is the second word God gave me at Mt. Sinai. We are to bring truth into the inner spirit of people, as God reveals the lies they have received, believed, and are acting upon. His Word brings truth, which brings freedom and healing. Through prayer and prophetic intercession and declarations, God is establishing His word in our families, communities, churches and nations. He is preparing His bride to reign with Him and to bring His judgments onto the earth. We are participating in this work through training His people, helping them to come into their eternal destinies, and “following God as He unites heaven and earth in Christ.” The latter statement is the theme of this ministry. We do this locally and internationally.
6. CMI is to be an International Ministry, called to serve the Jews and Arabs in Israel, and peoples from many nations. This word came in January of 1990 as the Spirit of God visited another elder of our church and me during an elders’ prayer gathering. During this time God gave us His heart for Israel and told me to lay down Cyrus Ministries. When I did that, He said to receive the mantle of Cyrus Ministries International. God has increased our ministry with other nations; now several internationals are coming to our Big Rock facility to receive training, equipping, and impartation.
7. CMI is called to be an international healing, training, fathering, restoring, and releasing ministry. We are to relate with, serve, and shepherd individuals, churches and ministries in other locations. In January of 2002, 18 leaders from churches in Kenya, individually and collectively asked CMI to oversee their ministry. Their Bishop brought the same request. Since then, other local and international churches and ministries have made similar requests. Prophetic words from others have confirmed these requests. We also network with other apostolic and fivefold ministries to come under their counsel and fellowship. We are using a facility in Big Rock, Illinois to accomplish God’s purposes. The work done at this facility is to be replicated in all the nations, so we can fulfill our part of God’s command to “be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it.” We are to use what God has given us and charged us to be, so that CMI can be one of God’s vessels in His eternal destiny for His world. He will provide the leaders, staff, finances and facilities for Cyrus Ministries International to do this. All glory be to Him!
Serving God as He Unites Heaven and Earth in Christ
Copyright © Cyrus Ministries International 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010
You may copy the
material on the main website (open to the public)
to share with someone as long as